Go is a better C++. In 2015, its mission is trying to replace C in some parts. Many companies had ported a few parts of their system to Go. Go currently competes with Java in performance; with amazing syntax and features. Go is used to design system or web service. Somebody try to compare it to Rust, but they are not the same. Rust is lower level than Go and so called the better C.
- Read some background about Go to get motivation.
- Install Sublime or Vim as Editor
- Learn syntax through the Playground, which can be found on Golang.org
- Try one full-fledged MVC Web Framework to write a web app
- Explore the Community and Golang packages
- The purpose of the language, the story behind can be found at: https://golang.org/doc/faq
- Convention: https://golang.org/doc/effective_go.html
- Wiki: https://code.google.com/p/go-wiki/w/list
Language & Syntax
- Gocon Tokyo 2014: http://talks.golang.org/2014/gocon-tokyo.slide#1
- Go Training: https://github.com/ArdanStudios/gotraining
- Introdution to Go: http://go-talks.appspot.com/github.com/davecheney/presentations/introduction-to-go.slide#1
Sublime Text with GoSublime:
Vim with Vim-go:
- Negroni: same author as Martini, but have some magics inside it.
- Gin-gonic: Martini like but with extremely fast in term of performance
- Gorrila packages
List package management tools: https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/PackageManagementTools. They are divided into
- Vendoring: Like Bundler in Ruby or npm in Node
- Go Version Managers: Like rvm in Ruby
- Revision Locking
- Import Proxies